To provide the best possible fiscal, economic and regulatory advice and services.
To promote sustainable fiscal strength, economic development and improved social wellbeing for Territorians.
Our Strategic Goals and Role
Treasury serves the Territory community through the Treasurer.
We assist the Government to achieve its objectives for the continued development of the Territory through:
- best practice financial management consistent with the Government's fiscal strategy;
- effective intergovernmental financial relations;
- commercial advice that optimises the Government's position;
- expert analysis and advice on the Territory economy including social indicators;
- efficient investment and borrowing activities;
- a fair and efficient tax system;
- an appropriate superannuation framework for the Territory Government public sector; and
- a well-managed organisation that meets the requirements of Treasury staff and clients.
At Treasury, we:
- strive for professionalism and excellence in our work
- continuous improvement and innovation
- initiative, adaptability, new ideas and better ways
- exercise integrity, respect and fairness in our dealings
- encourage open communication and inclusive processes
- are committed to valuing and developing our people
- recognising the efforts and dedication
- promoting and facilitating learning and growth
- strive for a healthy work/life balance
- support diversity in the workplace